Hi there! Welcome to my blog. This is not my first time blogging. In fact, I’ve been blogging for over 10 years.
I’m not going to tell you how wonderful I am, all the success I’ve had over the years. If you want to check me out, look at my About page and my LinkedIn profile. Plenty of data there. I know my stuff… and I’m a lifelong learner, humble enough to know there’s always more to learn.
What I want to share with you is the intention of my blog. It’s mostly going to be about you.
I’l share insights, questions, tips, experiences, tricks of the trade, best practices, debunk some myths, expand your thinking, and sprinkle in a little of myself in here and there so you can get to know me and see if we’re right for each other.
I’ll work hard for you, and I’ll do my best to keep it short – you’re busy, I get that. My greatest hope is that you’ll grow and help others do the same. If I need a push, push me… and I’ll push you too. I do insist that everyone is kind, respectful, and curious with each other.
What can you expect to see here?
The core of my work is talent. It has been an honor to peek inside hundreds of organizations and businesses, to talk with thousands of candidates and hiring managers, to partner with CEOs and other C-Suite leaders, and coach the best of the best.
We spend most of our waking hours at work, and many times we even dream about work. Work is ever present in our minds, and many of us were never taught or exposed to better ways of working so that our lives and communities are enriched. Your work impacts every aspect of your life – it’s worth investing in strategies that yield the best results for all.
Come back regularly for stories about …
- Vision, strategy, goals, metrics, outcomes – all driven by people who need you to lead them, so you better be clear
- Tales of finding a unicorn candidate
- How smaller businesses who aren’t well known can compete with top brands
- Creating a career strategy, the one you’re driving … not your boss, parents, partner, teacher
- Interviewing strategies … most people get it wrong and miss out big time
- How to get to “Recruiting Enlightenment”
- Consistently … like always … the number one challenge companies say they have is talent. Why are they so horrible at it?
- Resumes are not going away. Companies spend billions of dollars on applicant tracking systems, and those systems need a resume – a really good one
- How most people undersell in interviews – candidates and companies
- Interviewing tactics that ensure you aren’t being lied to
- How to get a passive candidate to leave a great company
- And more … I love a random post about something I’m watching, reading, seeing, experiencing and how it relates to talent and leadership. Expect the unexpected!
- How to use assessments to help you build a more balanced team
- Selecting the right interview team can make or break your hiring strategy
What other topics do you want to explore? Challenge me!